1. Go to Portfolios tab then click the New Portfolio button
2. Create your portfolio name and select your portfolio’s base currency. Your selected base currency will be the basis of conversion once you enter multi-currency transactions.
3. On the next page, select the type of portfolio you would like to create.
4. After selecting the type of portfolio, choose what method you are going to use for data input.
Please take note of the data required for each type of portfolio.
5. Once you have successfully filled up the needed information and matched columns, simply click on the Create button to save all the data you have provided.
Things to take note when creating a Transactions Portfolio:
- For stocks that have a currency other than your portfolio’s base currency, the entry should be based on the original listing currency. The system will automatically convert it to the currency you have chosen for your portfolio. If you enter a converted price, it will create a wrong converted value, as if the value will be converted twice.
- Our portfolio management tool automatically recognizes and adjusts dividends and splits. Hence, when inputting stock prices, it requires entries to be using the original data (pre-split).