If you are unable to find an ETF on Simply wall St platform, it is likely that ticker symbols and/or exchange symbols don’t match. However, if you are looking for similar product like ETNs (Exchange Traded Notes) or ETCs (Exchange Traded Commodities), they are not really available on our platform.
Below are some search tips to ensure that you are entering the correct symbols:
1. Find the exact ticker symbol and start by searching for that. You should mostly be able to find ETFs at this first stage if you enter the correct ticker symbol. If not, move to the next step.
2. Find the exchange the ETF is listed on and prepend that to the ticker e.g. EXCHANGE:TICKER (ASX:IVV in the example below).
3. If you’ve found the correct ETF but not the listing then remember to click the +XX listings dropdown (+2 listings in the example below) to reveal all the listings.
4. Some ETFs may have long and specific names e.g. Vanguard Scottsdale Funds - Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF. These names might not be the same across platforms, try variations of the name e.g Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF.
If you are still unable to find the ETF you are after, please follow the below steps to ensure that you are adding the correct ticker symbols and exchange.
1. Double check if the exchange symbol follows the same format used at Simply Wall St. For example, if you are searching for SPDR Gold Trust (ticker symbol: GLD), the below format won’t work.
To know more about the format we follow to add ticker symbols you can check out this Guide to Simply Wall St Exchange Symbols.
2. Most times, the search should be successful even if you are entering just the ticker symbol- as long as it is correct!
3. If you are still unable to search for your ETF, proceed to the next section.
Coverage of ETFs
At present we provide limited coverage for ETFs. You may be able to add some ETFs to your portfolio or search for ETFs on our company reports page but please be aware that ETFs are not yet fully fitted into our analysis model.
We will be adding more ETFs to our existing database in the future for tracking purposes. The timelines for implementing ETFs into our analysis model is far out in the future and not something we are looking at presently.
If after following all the steps outlined above you are still unable to find or add any specific ETF(s) to your portfolio, please take a moment to fill out the questionnaire below:
- What are the ticker code and exchange symbol for the ETF you were looking for?
- Please provide a link to the ticker quote page
- Is this stopping you from using SWS?
Popular ETF providers
- First Trust
- Van Eck
- JP Morgan
- Van Eck Vectors
- AMP Capital