Your login method depends on what type of registration you have chosen when you created your Simply Wall St account.
- Social login - Can be your social account like Google, Facebook, or Apple login.
- Local login (Email login) - Also known as email login uses the email address you provided as your username and the password you have set for it.
Modifying login information
1. Can I change my login method?
Yes, but it’s only possible if you’re currently using social login. You cannot change the login method if you are using local login / email login. If you would like to change your login method or update your login email address you may view our help article here.
2. I have created multiple accounts, can I merge them?
3. I am changing my email address but the system is not accepting it.
It’s possible that there is an existing account associated with the email address that you want to use. You will have to delete first the account related to it.
Change email address
Applicable only for local accounts or simply the accounts that use email login. If your account uses social login, you must convert it first to a local account so that you can change your email address.
1. Just simply override the existing email address by erasing it then adding the new email address that you want to use.
2. Click on the Update Details button to save changes.
Change login method
Changing login method is only applicable if your account was created through Social Accounts (e.g Facebook, Google or Apple login) and the process is quite straightforward.
2. Go to your user Profile. Just click on your name in the top right section of the site.
3. Look for and click on the Convert to email login button.
4. Input new login password at the bottom of the screen and save. You can then use the new login method (labeled as "Continue with Email") the next time you login to the platform.
Password Reset and Account recovery
Password reset is quick and simple, it can be done here https://simplywall.st/account-recovery. Assuming you are using social login, you can still utilize the password resetting process to access your account. This special case applies for users who lost their access to their social accounts. For full instructions, you may view our article on how to reset your password and recover your account.
For accounts created through Apple Login, when you initially signed up Apple created a relay email address that hides your actual email address. Hence when requesting a password reset, make sure to toggle enable the email forwarder of the relay email created by Apple so you may receive the password reset email.
To do this,
- Go to Settings > Apple ID
- Proceed to Password & Security > Apps Using Your Apple ID
- Look for Simply Wall St and then toggle enable the Forward to option as shown in the screenshot below.
NOTE: If you are logged in and you are not able to see your subscription or portfolio, it is possible that you have more than one account and you have incorrectly logged in to the wrong one. You may view our article here on how to find out if you have more than one account.